Spring is in the air! Often, we feel like renewed energy filling us up and we would like to make the most of it!
So, why not plan for a spring clean to help you feel refreshed and revitalised?
In this blog I will tell you why it is important to go with our natural cycles and how to do an audit in our lives, so we can feel refreshed and revitalised for a season that will define the rest of our year.
Our connection to the seasons of the year
Have you paid attention to how you feel throughout the year? Have you noticed that how you feel is connected to certain seasons of the year? Humans are part of nature and we experience natural seasonal cycles.
Winter is a good time to rest, go within, move slower, learn and read.
Spring is a time to wake up from a long slumber and start planting seeds for our future projects.
Summer is a perfect time to look after what we started in spring. We have the energy to achieve so much!
Autumn is when we see the results of our hard work and we naturally slow down preparing for the winter months.
When you move with the energy of the four seasons, you are following a natural cycle – there is less resistance and so many things become effortless in your life!
How to spring clean your life
September is the first spring month in the southern hemisphere and perhaps you have felt gentle nudges that spring was just around the corner for a few weeks now. The weather gets warmer in August, the days become longer, and nature starts waking up everywhere around us.
You probably feel like you have a lot more energy now than a couple of months ago. But before diving into the busyness that this season brings us, how about spring cleaning your life first?
Let’s get rid of the old and dirty stuff that no longer serves you and sprinkle your life with fresh possibilities.
You can start by defining the areas of your life that need attention. Here are some ideas for your audit:
- Romantic Relationships
- Physical Environment
- Physical Health
- Emotional Health
- Hobbies and creativity
You may come up with something else. This is your audit and you know best what deserves your attention.
It’s Time To Create More Fulfillment!
Once you define a list of areas, it’s time to zoom in to understand what’s going on in each of those areas and what you can do to experience more fulfillment.
Take one area at a time and ask these three questions:
- How satisfied am I with this area? A score works really well here to enhance your perception. You can have a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is not satisfied at all and 10 is perfect, nothing to improve.
- Where would I like to be in this area? Put your ideal score. If you are currently at 4, would you like to improve your experience of this area to 8 or even 10?
- What is one action you would like to commit to that will make the biggest positive difference in each area?
I would recommend blocking a couple of hours for this exercise. Put it in your diary and make sure you won’t be disturbed.
Creating The Right Actions
You may find that you will have less actions you are committing to than the areas you defined. This is simply because some of your actions will have a positive effect on two or more areas of your life.
For example, if your action is to start walking for 30 min every day, you may find that it can have a positive effect on your physical health, your mental health and it may boost your productivity and boost your creativity all at once!
Whenever you choose actions, go through the list of areas and see how it’s going to affect each of them. I bet most of your actions can have a super power to affect multiple areas of your life!
10 journaling prompts to spring clean your life
We should never discount journaling! It can help us to go into deeper parts of ourselves and find answers we never knew we had!
These 10 journaling prompts are designed to make you even more present to what’s going on in your life and make improvements where you most need them. Get cosy with your pen and notebook and ponder on these questions.
1. What areas of your life need spring clean?
2. What is frustrating for you right now?
3. What would you like to leave behind?
4. Define what you really need right now to feel better and find a way to gift this to yourself.
5. What would you like to begin this spring?
6. If you were to introduce just one new daily habit that would make a massive difference in your life, what would it be?
7. Who would you like to spend more time with?
8. Who would you like to spend less time with?
9. Where would you like to be in 3 to 5 months time?
10. Done is better than perfect! What do you need to complete to feel better now?
I’ve given you a few ideas above how to revitalise your life this spring and feel better. I also have a limited time offer of three 1:1 coaching sessions Spring Clean Your Life. Together we will work on the areas in your life where you feel you need more fulfillment.
I only have a spot for 5 people, be quick and book your spot here. The offer is only open for a few weeks. Let’s make the most of your spring!