Frequently Asked Questions
I tried to answer most frequently asked questions about my services below. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered, please contact me via my contact page and I’ll be happy to clarify anything for you.
What will we talk about at a session?
- I will be asking challenging questions to make you think and clarify your goals & actions.
- Some of my questions will reframe your thinking about certain situations to help you overcome self-limiting beliefs.
- We may do exercises (e.g. to define your top personal values, to prepare you for an important conversation, to realize what your inner critic is telling you and how to manage that negative chatter, etc.)
- We may discuss your homework or something you committed to doing.
Is coaching right for me?
The best way to find out is book a free 30 min session with me. We will have time for a proper chat and you will be able to ask me anything about the coaching I provide & also share your goals & aspirations. This will help you define if coaching is right for you.
How are the sessions held?
What is Coaching?
What is Transformational Coaching?
It’s best to describe what a transactional coaching is first. This type of coaching focuses on one specific goal, e.g. improving public speaking or managing people. As a rule a client is very clear about what they want to achieve. It is based on their existing way of being. In this case, the role of a coach is to help a client develop clarity about their goals & then put the strategies in place to achieve them.
Transformational coaching includes transactional coaching, but goes far beyond. Its focus is on personal growth. The learning comes from awareness & noticing how we are being and doing.
In simple terms – transactional coaching focuses on one particular thing and transformational coaching focuses on person as a whole being.
How is Coaching different from Consulting, Mentoring, Counseling/Therapy & Training?
Consulting gives advice on area of expertise & helps with implementation. It is future focused.
Mentoring shares past experiences and wisdom. It provides guidance & is also future focused.
Counseling/Therapy helps to heal or overcome past hurts. It is focused on the past.
Training teaches new skills & knowledge and is future focused.
Coaching focuses on present and future. It is a structured conversation between you and your coach, which focuses on maximising your personal and professional potential. The coach’s role is to support you in achieving your goals and assist you in making your desired changes.
What if I need to reschedule my appointment?
You can reschedule your appointment up to 48 hours prior to the session at no charge. Sessions cancelled on the day are non-refundable. To reschedule, please use the link provided or email me email@example.com & we’ll come up with time that suits us both.
What coaching qualifications do you have?
I am an ICF (International Coaching Federation) Certified Coach in Coaching for Transformation. I have completed 86 ICF approved coach specific training hours February-May 2020.
I am also a member of ICF, the largest organization of professionally trained coaches. ICF is specifically recognized among coaching professionals worldwide for:
- Developing coaching core competencies
- Establishing a professional code of ethics and standards
- Creating an internationally recognized credentialing program
- Setting guidelines through accreditation for coach-specific training programs
- Providing continuous education